Walt’s Family Pharmacy is an independent family owned compounding pharmacy with a passion for serving and educating our customers. We understand the medical field can often be overwhelming and intimidating for those who are not working within it. Keeping this in mind, our pharmacy was established with the goal of having the time to consider each one of our customer’s unique situations. We do this by making you and your family (pets included!) our top priority. Working hand in hand with you and your providers we strive to formulate the best and most cost effective solution to your individual health needs. We are here to listen, educate and care. Never hesitate to ask us a question!
Located in North Charleston on University Blvd, we serve out greater local community and provide statewide shipping for prescriptions, medical equipment and over the counter goods.
Meet Our Team
Stop in and say Hello. We’d love to meet you!
- Walt Jeter
- Owner & Head Pharmacist
- Born and raised in Byromville Georgia, Walt received his pharmacy degree from the University of Georgia. He began his career working in small independent pharmacies throughout rural South Georgia. Each of these pharmacies was an anchor for their communities providing medication, medical equipment, health care advice, and of course a place to stop for a cold bottled coke and conversation. It was there that his love for knowing every customer’s name and individualized service began. Walt then moved to Charleston in 1999 (where he met Lorraine!) and began working with corporate pharmacy chains. Although not ideal, the chains provided a flexible float schedule which eventually allowed Walt time with his three young children during the day. During his years of filling sometimes 600 plus prescriptions during a shift he literally “saw it all.” Recognizing a need for education on multiple drugs, their interactions and side effects Walt obtained his CGP - Certification in Geriatric Pharmacy and a certification in integrative pharmacy.. He started a small consulting company to help caregivers and folks manage their prescriptions and interactions. After all kiddos were out of diapers, Walt returned to the independent pharmacy model where he has been ever since. In 2021 Walt and Lorraine were given the opportunity to purchase the pharmacy where he has been head pharmacist for six years and make it their own. And here we are! Walt’s Family Pharmacy.
When not being a pharmacist Walt loves his kiddos( 15, 11 and 9), Reading, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Climbing, Traveling and Camping with his family and friends.
- Lorraine Jeter
- Owner & Pharmacy Tech
- Born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina, Lorraine received her degree in public health from the University of South Carolina. After wandering a bit in her twenties, Lorraine started her company Personal Fitness Solutions. Combining her major of Exercise Science with a 500 RYT in Yoga (and a crazy trip to India) she worked in tandem with a local physical therapist specifically focusing on chronic back pain. It was here that Lorraine found her love for working with folks one on one. She had a passion for educating her clients and guiding them on an integrative return to health combining their medical care with nutrition, exercise and mental clarity and focus. And then...three sweet little kiddos came into her life and we all know how that goes. Flash forward ten years and she and Walt buy their own pharmacy, share their approach to health with others, and get to work together, Whoo Hoo!
When not working in the pharmacy Lorraine loves her kiddos ( 15, 11 and 9), Reading, Reading about cooking (tee hee), Mountain Biking, Photography, Gardening, Traveling and Camping with her family and friends.
- Julie Browder
- Pharmacy Technician
- I was born and raised in the Charleston area. I have an Associates of Art degree as well as an educational background in both psychology and film production. In my previous life, I had fun working with make-up artists and wardrobe and hair design directors. Most of my work experience, however, was in customer service, which is what I enjoy most about being a licensed pharmacy technician at Walt’s Family Pharmacy. My favorite thing about being a part of this pharmacy is getting to know our customers and building relationships that show we care. I also really appreciate working for an independent speciality and compounding pharmacy because I am able to learn so much about the different facets of medicine and patient’s needs.
When not in the pharmacy I enjoy reading, travel, documentary films, live music and hanging out with my cat , Miko.
- Felicia Mcleod
- Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator
- I was born and raised in Darlington, SC. I received my certificate in medical billing and coding from Virginia College. With over 28 years of previous billing experience working for major insurance and medical supply companies I have learned how important it is to help navigate the insurance system for people. The most satisfying part of my job is helping people with their medical equipment needs, knowing that it allows them to get back to their daily routine and function on a higher level.
In my free time I am a foodie (watching celebrity chefs on food network and making their dishes. They actually turn out really well!) I also love to travel and spend time with family and friends.
- Ashley Rodriguez
- Pharmacy Technician
- I was born in Hampton, VA, and raised in Summerville, SC. I previously worked in a retail pharmacy chain as a pharmacy technician. I now enjoy working at Walt’s Family Pharmacy where I am more than just a number on the payroll. I am proud to work for an independent pharmacy where not only are the customers valued, but the employees as well. Being able to contribute to a patient's specific needs and help to create something unique and tailored to them is something I love. Working in the compound lab also allows me to help navigate challenges and create solutions which is very rewarding. I have also been blessed with a beautiful daughter and when I’m not working I am always on the go as a busy mom.
In my free time I enjoy spending time with family, DIY projects and crafts, cooking and baking.